Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon 151 : où trouver le ...
Voir le deal

Partagez

ADAMS, another vision of paradise for Nippon Project

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
M i h o
M i h o

ADAMS, another vision of paradise for Nippon Project Empty
MessageSujet: ADAMS, another vision of paradise for Nippon Project   ADAMS, another vision of paradise for Nippon Project Icon_minitimeMer 4 Sep - 15:21

Interview

They were recently in Europe for some dates. Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, only some cities had the chance to see the angelic duo, ADAMS, or the Genesis of an ambitious project that joint visual kei and homosexuality, into a disturbing and worked aesthetic. Adam, singer and main face of the project, and Shota, guitarist and producer, accepted to meet us and to talk about their future desires.

01.Can you introduce yourself?

I’m Shota, here is Adam. We are the band ADAMS, a “Neo-Sexual” duo, from Japan.

02.Neo-Sexual, what do you mean?

Shota: We mean creating a new genre, something unisex, that delete barriers between men and women, because love is universal. Our music is also like that. These are love songs, that don’t belong to Visual Kei, JPop or club scene. This is a mix without borders and all of that, for a new musical genre.

03. Tell us about the band’s story.

Shota: We met about 3 years ago. At first we took place in the same band, but the band stopped its activities some months later. You have to know that I’m also and mainly a producer via Highfeel JAPAN. Adam contacted me after the separation because he wanted me to produce him as a solo singer, because he was looking for a new path.
Adam: And he accepted…
Shota: And I composed some songs for him, at the beginning, into a J-Pop style. But I wasn’t satisfied. It was not enough. We had to create a project that could interest people. That’s how I added a visual kei touch and that I have planned to join Adam in a “Boys Love” duo, that is very active – especially in manga – and burning. And to add quality to this project, for not being a simple homosexual duo, we have planned this “new genesis” that Adam, into the Bible, was twofold, a boy and a girl. It was not Adam and Eve, it was Adam and Adam, a unique and double entity at a time, that is the origin of the world. That’s why... ADAMS.

04.You say that the birth of the band will be in 2021, so ten years after its creation, what does it mean?

Shota: This is directly related to the concept of “new version of the Genesis”. We’re not even human, not even created as human being. But you can also attached this to our musical project. For a band, 10 years is long. This is a big project. But I covet these ten years. On behalf of the sincerity that I have for Adam and ADAMS.

05.The homosexuality’s theme ubiquitous in your band. How did you get this idea? Have you got specific motivations about?

This is a way to describe the universal love. “Love is Love”, no matter to whom it’s intended. If you listen to our songs without watching the videos clips, you can believe that it’s about love messages from a boy to a girl, or something other. Feelings are the same. That’s what we want to express, it’s also a call for tolerance.

06.The homosexuality seems to be a more difficult subject in Japan than in Europe. How do you feel that from you Japanese perspective?

Hmm… No in reality it’s easy. I won’t say that Japanese are open to homosexuality, but anyway they are open to the discovery. They are curious. A lot of Japanese artists are gay and they are very popular. That’s a little bit strange to say that but Japanese are interested to what they’re afraid. It’s like watching an adult video. It’s taboo but we did it anyway.

07.Your single Bittersweet came out not long ago. Unlike to Kimi no sei / Boku no sei, released some months ago, the music is more violent. Is it a kind of answer to your last single? How can you explain this choice?

Shota: In reality Kimi no sei / Boku no sei was a different single. We released it only for downloading. It was a special challenge because it’s our first ballad. Bitterweet is an echo to Dizzy Love, our first “real” single. I did the second one more hard, that’s true, because the visual kei’s scene want it, so I tried. I think that’s the natural evolution of Dizzy Love.

08.Now, what are your future projects? A new album? A next tour?

Ah ah, it’s a secret. No album for this year, maybe a new single.

09.Your clips are a real artistic beauty and seems to tell a story. Are each videos related directly to the lyrics? Can you choose one and tell us the story?

Shota: Ok, about Boku no sei. The lyrics are sad, and the video is not related to the text, in contrary of the other clips. This video is a kind of miracle. The director, Ryôta Sakai, showed us two scenarios. The first was simple and related to the lyrics, I liked a lot. Ryôta understood very well the way of the song. Then he showed me a second scenario totally crazy, and I chose this second version. Because I was looking for something strange. This video seems to be sad but this is crazy. Because in this clip, I killed Adam and I’m in love with his corpse. We can see an allegory of death, of mourning, etc., but I prefer to take it into his more strange way, so in the first degree.

10.You just finished your first European tour. Did you have some fears before that? What are your current feelings about this tour ?

We had no fears, but we had a lot of surprises, in the best sense. People, views, places, all was great. We forgot a little bit that we were two Japanese in Europe.

11.Which cities would you like to visit next time?

Shota: I really would like to go in Russia and Poland.
Adam: I would like to go to Paris.

12. You use a lot of internet platforms for your band : OHP, Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr. So you seem to be very closed to your fans, more than other bands. What is your opinion about this?

Shota: In reality I want to keep a real distance from my fans, in the reality, in the private life. That’s something I want to protect. I want to sell the dream. On the other side, internet platforms allow us to have a link with fans. It’s like a compromise. I don’t give all, but I keep a link. I was fan of a lot of artists when I was young, and I would not want they tell me about their life, I would not like meet them in private. Because it would have been the end of a dream.

13.For our readers that don’t know you, what songs would you advise them to listening at first ?

Shota: Kissin’ in the Dark
Adam: Kimi no sei

14.Finally, can you say something to your fans?

Shota: “I love my fans, always. Miss you, kiss.”
Adam: “Thank you, always.”
(c) August 2013 - Interview by Nippon Project
Read all the French interview on Nippon Project
English translation by M i h o
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

ADAMS, another vision of paradise for Nippon Project

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1